- Yearly Uniform Allowance
- Stipend Program
- Mental Health Care Program
Applications can be downloaded off the Town of Ault Website and can be turned in by mail or by turning in at the Ault Police Department Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. Please complete the Police/Reserve Officer Application for this position.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 970-834-1336.
The Town of Ault is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a vacancy.
Patrols an assigned area in the enforcement of law and order and takes special assignments in the protection of life and property. This position is a VOLUNTEER position to supplement and assist full-time Officers as needed. Reserve Officers are fully sworn Police Officers for the Town of Ault. You will be required to work a minimum of 20 hours per month, a POST requirement to maintain certification. Attending mandatory in-service training, such as Firearms, Arrest Control, First Aid/CPR, Taser/Less Lethal is required.
- Take command at scene of crime or accident; takes statements and interviews victims and witnesses; examines situation; records vital information regarding causes and circumstances;
- Completes police report to describe in a clear, accurate, and concise manner all primary and relevant case activity and developments; read and comprehend legal and non-legal documents, including the preparation and processing of such documents as citations, affidavits, and warrants;
- Establish traffic enforcement measures to observe and detect violations of the Model Traffic Code and State Traffic Statutes; complete traffic accident investigations and required accident investigation forms;
- Ensures that all required reports are completed in a timely manner;
- Respond to radio and telephone dispatches to investigate citizen concerns including crimes in progress, crimes reported after-the-fact, accidents and disturbances;
- Operates a computer utilizing such software programs as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Knowledge of:
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations;
- Criminal behavior and causes underlying criminality and social, psychological and physical needs of criminals;
- Standard police practices, methods, and procedures; Approved and accepted methods of investigation, apprehension, and rules of evidence;
- Police terminology and practices;
- Good public relations skills;
- Safe and appropriate use of firearms and other police related tools
Education: High School or G.E.D.
Experience: ***MUST BE COLORADO POST CERTIFIED TO APPLY FOR THE POLICE OFFICER POSITION***
Training/Certifications: P.O.S.T certified as a Peace Officer, Level I, by the State of Colorado
CPR/First Aid Certification
- Possess and maintain the appropriate CO operator's license for the type of Town owned vehicle which the employee may operate in the scope of employment;
- Minimum 21 years of age and U.S. Citizen;
- Must be able to legally possess and carry a firearm;