- Log in to post comments
If you are a resident of Ault, have a utility bill and need financial assistance. The State of Colorado will be accepting applications for the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) starting on November 1st.
CDHS received additional funding from federal government to assist low income households with their water services. LIHWAP was created to provide a benefit to qualifying household to help reconnect their disconnected drinking water or waste/sewer services, or help the household if facing disconnection with their drinking water and waste/sewer services, or if they have a past due amount with their drinking water and waste/sewer services. Funds are limited and are on a first come first serve basis.
To qualify for this assistance, the household must meet these criteria:
- Be approved for LEAP during November 1, 2022 - April 30, 2023
- Complete the addendum (will be available for download on November 1) within the LEAP application and submit a copy of your water bill.
- Must pay drinking water services and/or waste/sewer services directly to a water vendor.
- Services must be in disconnected, facing disconnection, or have a past due amount on the bill.
- For households with water included in rent, rent must be past due or facing eviction.
To apply for LEAP (beginning November 1st) you have the following options:
- Online through the Colorado PEAK website starting November 1, 2022 (https://peak--coloradopeak.force.com/peak/s/peak-landing-page?language=en_US)
- Download an application and drop off at local DHS office, or mail/email to your the county/contractor to process. Please call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435) for contact information or click here to find your county's mailing address.
- Applications will be available and listed on this page on November 1, 2022. Please check back at on November 1,2022
- Starting November 1, 2022, requests for a paper application to be mailed to you can be made by calling 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435)
- If you are having a heating emergency prior to November 1, 2022 please call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435) to apply over the phone.
For households whose water services are paid through group metering, or have well water, please refer to the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) https://cdola.colorado.gov/rental-mortgage-assistance.
For more information, please visit: https://cdhs.colorado.gov/leap.